Welcome to DroidHeads Meetup June 8
On June 8 at the Moscow office of Mail.ru Group there will be a meeting
of all those who are not indifferent to mobile development. This time we will conduct it together with the MosDroid and CocoaHeads communities. We will gather representatives of both platforms so that participants know what they may encounter when developing applications of the "neighboring" technology.
The format of the reports implies a parallel analysis of topics, so it will be interesting for everyone!
"Localization: Expectations and Reality"
Dmitry Sizikov, Mail.ru Group, Pandao project
Any developing product on the modern market has a moment when the need for localization arises. In most cases, it is expected that only a translation of a pre-selected set of phrases is needed. With this in mind, time is planned for localization and the necessary budget. However, this is another trap, since localization involves the implementation of a larger number of measures than just the translation of phrases. The developer will face problems that he did not originally planned to solve.
In my report, I will tell the story of the localization of our application, as well as share ways to circumvent the emerging difficulties.
“UISearchController. When it's time to let go ... "
Igor Zarubin, senior iOS development engineer, Mail.ru Group, Yula project
During the presentation I will touch on several topics:
- Pros and cons of the standard implementation of UISearchController. What are the problems and bugs associated with them;
- why the standard implementation did not suit us, and we did not use third-party solutions;
- in which cases it is advisable to think about implementing your own SearchController, and when a standard solution is sufficient.
“Go deep into Fuzzing and apply it wherever possible”
Alexey Naberezhny, Software Engineer, Group-IB
Everyone got used to the tests: unit tests, stress tests, functional tests, ui tests. At the lecture, I will talk about fuzzing testing, how it works on mobile platforms and what tools are relevant at the moment. Delve into the fuzzing tests for iOS and Android (AIDL).
"Keys, signatures and all that"
Alexander Shalamov, iOS developer, company EPAM
- I'll talk about the basic principles of application signatures, what technologies are used and how this magic works in general.
- The report will be useful for both iOS and Android developers, the main part of which is about the general principles used on both platforms.
- Such questions will be covered: what is a certificate, what are the keys, why do we need a signature, how does it work in Apple and Google?
"AIDL in the modern world"
Victor Lapin, Advantum
- I’ll talk about how the old school AIDL can be used quite well in the world of modern patterns.
- Using the example of an existing application published in the Play Store, I will show how our team implemented an audio player using IPC, and share the pros and cons of this approach.
- There will be a lot of code.
"Swift + Kotlin = & lt; 3"
Stanislav Talanov, New Cloud Technologies and Sergey Molyak, PapaJobs
Let's talk about why it’s time to stop being just an iOS or just an Android developer. And also about the approaches and possible disadvantages of the multiplatform approach.
In addition, you will find a round table on the topic “The current status of iOS- and Android-development. Is there a cross-platform solution? "
During breaks, tech-talks will be held; a quiz will have a lot of useful communication.
Collecting participants and registering: 12:00. Beginning of presentations: 13:00.
Address: Leningradsky Avenue, 39, p. 79.
Registration is required! Do not forget your passport or driver's license.
Source text: Welcome to DroidHeads Meetup June 8