The digest of fresh materials from the world of the frontend for the last week № 364 (May 6 - 12, 2019)
We offer you a selection with links to new materials from the area of the frontend and around it.
| Web Development
Web standards podcast, 175. IE mode in Edge, Chromium, slow CSS, CSSWG, stages in CSS, Houdini
The devschacht podcast: # 79: Opensource development using the example of React Styleguidist and mrm
The devschacht podcast: # 78: How can a programmer move to Berlin and is it worth it
The Frontend Youth (18+) Podcast: #92 Firefox kills the Internet
Podcast "Make me beautiful", Issue # 16 - Replacing Lodash, again on TDD and where Senior can grow
FrontSpot Show # 7: Where can I get an idea for a startup?
" ALL YOUR HTML "# s3e1: " Image transition with PIX .JS "
• HTTP headers for the responsible developer
• Favicons: perhaps the least understood web function
• New evergreen Googlebot
• Lazy Hybrid Loading: Progressive migration to native Lazy Loading
• SVG components for IoT and devices (part 1)
• Why, how and when to use semantic HTML and ARIA
• How to choose the best static site generator for your 2019 project
• Portals practice
. Learn how to create a good UX for navigation using the Portals API.
- A truly monstrous asynchronous web chat without using JS on the front.
• Night Mode with Mix Blend Mode: Difference
• Basic CSS Specificity Guide
• 4 reasons why your z-index does not work (and how to fix it)
- a selection of nice CSS effects with click-to-copy functionality < br/>
• Understanding the arrangement of elements in grids by building the periodic table in HTML
• Google font support was announced
• CSS3 Transform
- online visualizer of 2D functions & amp; 3D transformations in CSS
• Transfer to a new line using flexbox
• Ember.js: (again) time to try
• Write less code
• Creating a multiplayer web game in the genre .io
• What I learned from the Airbnb re-engineering of the Internationalization Library
• Several functional uses for the Intersection Observer to determine if an element is in sight
• Introduction to GraphQL
• Build 2019: Microsoft officially introduced the new Chromium-based Edge browser with IE Mode backward compatibility and also showed the Mac version
• New Microsoft Edge Browser Got IE Mode
• Microsoft Edge will receive Collections, advanced privacy settings and built-in Internet Explorer
• Flash will be disabled by default in Chrome 76
• Coinhive has closed, but browser mining is still a problem
• Vivaldi 2.5 browser received the first of its kind integration with backlight Razer Chroma
• Backstage details of how Microsoft unexpectedly decided to work with Google on its own browser Edge.
• Where do aging programmers go?
• “Facebook must be destroyed”: a social network co-founder spoke out Mark Zuckerberg
• Using Google Translate machine only hurts Wikipedia
• New Microsoft: the company has created design system and combined departments of different products under it
• Google announced Kotlin as a priority programming language for developing Android applications
• An attack of malicious cryptographers on the Git repository has been detected
Sorry for any typos or broken/duplicate links. If you notice a problem - please write in a personal, we are trying to fix them quickly.
Digest from last week
The material was prepared by dersmoll
Source text: The digest of fresh materials from the world of the frontend for the last week № 364 (May 6 - 12, 2019)