After the recent release of 3CX v16
We have already prepared the first 3CX V16 Update 1 Beta. It features new corporate chat features and an updated Call Flow Service, which, together with the Call Flow Designer (CFD) development environment, allows you to create sophisticated voice applications in C #.
Updated Corporate Chat
Communication widget 3CX Live Chat & amp; Talk
continues to be actively developed. In Update 1, the widget “hangs” regardless of the transitions between pages and tabs. Now visitors can surf your site, leaving the chat window available for immediate communication.
Interesting opportunities appeared in the 3CX corporate chat service.
The following actions are now available for messages (a):
- End chat session - end a chat with a 3CX user (or site visitor).
- Block anonymous user - block user (IP address) from incoming messages and calls.
- Delete - delete the chat.
- Archive - archive chat (move to Archive folder) and delete from the web client interface. In the future, there will be new features related to chat archiving.
- Transfer - select the extension number 3CX (another user) and transfer further communication to it. Convenient when communicating with site visitors if you need to transfer the conversation started to another specialist.
Also, with the incoming chat, a notification pops up from the user, in which you can quickly reply to the message (b).
If the message came from the site via the 3CX Live Chat & amp; widget Talk, now a number of new features are available.
- An incoming message arrives at the 3CX web client interface as a WebVisitor user for quick identification.
- If the message arrives on the Agent Queue, a chat group is automatically created, to which all the operators of this Queue are added. Operators see the correspondence with the client and together can respond to him until one of them continues to communicate individually with the client. From the side of the site visitor, this chat is visible as a conversation with one operator named Sender name specified in the widget configuration.
- In the top right menu, the quick action icons described earlier are Archive, Forward, Take.
- The Take action allows one of the Queue operators to “pick up” a group chat with the site visitor and continue personal communication. If the widget is configured to allow calls, the visitor has a Call button, clicking on which he can continue to communicate with voice or from video.
Also in the chat added intuitive discussion icons. They allow you to quickly distinguish chat rooms with site visitors and colleagues (PBX users). Another convenient feature is to reply to E-mail. The operator can click on the visitor's e-mail and reply to him after the end of the chat. Visitor's address can be obtained online or via offline form.
A demonstration of all these functions is presented in this video.
Call Flow Service and Call Flow Designer
3CX v16 Update 1 Beta includes a new 3CX Call Flow Apps Service. It supports the new 3CX voice applications written in C #. Existing applications can be converted and improved
in new Call Flow Designer
. The application server works equally well on 3CX v16 for Debian/Raspbian Linux and Windows. In the near future, a full-fledged REST API for call management and related documentation will be added to it.
Learn more about converting existing 3CX applications in this video.
Complete change log
in 3CX v16 Update 1 Beta.
Installing the update is done in the 3CX management interface in the Updates section. Please note that after installing the update, the existing chat database is converted. Chat is not available at this time in 3CX applications.
You can also download the full distribution of 3CX v16 Update 1 Beta for Windows or Linux: